- Cleveland Broadband Selects Axiros' AXESS 5 ACS Software for Advanced Gigabit Internet Service
- Metro Commercial Miami Team Doubles
- How to Apply Online for a Loan that pays You in 24 hours
The Civil Trial Advocacy Boot Camp is a one-day program designed to instruct lawyers on effective, winning trial skills and preparation strategies and is led by NBA and ABOTA members serving as faculty.
"I am thrilled that we are partnering with ABOTA again this year for this phenomenal program," said Vanita M. Banks, NBA Past President and Civil Trial Advocacy Section Chair. "As we strive for greater diversity and inclusion, our collaboration is a win-win that benefits both our organizations."
One of the topics covered in the Boot Camp will be the "Role of Race and Bias in the American Judicial System: Why Diverse Lawyers, Judges and Juries Matter." The session, led by John E. Sweeney, will focus on the state of diversity in the legal profession and the role of race and bias in the American Judicial System. Mr. Sweeney will discuss why diverse attorneys, judges and juries matter, and examine implicit bias in the legal profession and how to combat it.
More on tennsun.com
- Pikmykid Hosts Webinar on Georgia School Safety Grant
- The Documented Culinary Journey of AI Influencer, Chef Jade
- American Garden Rose Selections™ Announces 2024 Winners
- Boutique Consulting Firm with Unique Project Leadership Offering is Now GSA Approved
- Robotics and Automation are Driving Demand for Upgraded Warehouse Management Systems concludes new report from the Mobile Robot Directory
The faculty members for the topic will include NBA Past President Michael S. Rosier, who is the Principal for the Rosier Law Firm in Maryland and Washington, D.C; and NBA Past President H.T. Smith, who is the Director of the Trial Advocacy Program at Florida International University College of Law in Miami.
"This collaboration is important to ABOTA and, as the Co-Chair of ABOTA's Diversity of Membership Committee, I am excited to serve as faculty for the program," said Mr. Sweeney, Principal at The Sweeney Firm in Beverly Hills, Calif., and life NBA Member. "We are proud of this ongoing partnership between the NBA and ABOTA as we continue to educate attorneys all over the nation."
"The collaboration among the finest trial attorneys in the NBA and ABOTA in presenting this program is a natural fit, affording learning opportunities for attendees," said Lewis R. Sifford, ABOTA National President. "Cultivating the spirit of camaraderie and fellowship between our organizations works to advance our respective missions."
The NBA Civil Trial Advocacy Boot Camp will provide lawyers with four hours of continuing legal education credit. This program is co-sponsored by the NBA Civil Trial Advocacy Section and Law Professors Division.
The program will include a Fireside Chat with John E. Sweeney: The Man Who Exposed LA's Notorious Sheriff Gangs. The chat will be moderated by Ms. Banks.
More on tennsun.com
- Doctors for Cannabis Regulation Rebrands as Doctors for Drug Policy Reform
- AMERICAN RESIDENTIAL SERVICES ANNOUNCES 2023 ARS CARES PROGRAM
- New data reveals 87% Australian adults have experienced a work-related musculoskeletal injury
- NEOM and Maysalward to strengthen young gaming talent with launch of NEOM Game Dev Challenge
- Jeezy, Sexyy Red, Plies, And $hyfromdatre Support The HBCU Community With A Special Concert For NC College Students In Winston-Salem, NC on Oct. 27th
The final session is titled, Emerging Trends in Civil Litigation: Opportunities and Challenges, which will be moderated by NBA Past President Alfreda Robinson, Associate Dean for Trial Advocacy at George Washington University Law School, Washington, DC. The faculty members will be Tamara F. Lawson, Toni Rembe Dean-Designate and Professor of Law, University of Washington School of Law, Chair, Law Professors Division and Board Member at Large;
Mario Barnes, Professor of Law University California, Irvine School of Law, Vice Chair, Law Professors Division.
About the National Bar Association
The NBA was founded in 1925 and is the nation's oldest and largest national network of predominantly African-American attorneys and judges. It represents the interests of approximately 65,000 lawyers, judges, law professors and law students. The NBA is organized around 23 substantive law sections, 9 divisions, 12 regions and 80 affiliate chapters throughout the United States and the world.
About the American Board of Trial Advocates
Founded in 1958, ABOTA is a national association of experienced trial lawyers and judges. ABOTA and its members are dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the civil jury trial right provided by the Seventh Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. ABOTA membership consists of more than 7,300 lawyers — equally balanced between plaintiff and defense — and judges spread among 96 chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. For more information visit ABOTA.org.
For more information:
SOURCE American Board of Trial Advocates
Filed Under: Business
Latest on tennsun.com
- Wave2 Launches New Dynamic Data Integration Features to Elevate Bank and Credit Union Convenience
- A National Academic Competition for Homeschoolers—Is it Worthwhile?
- Texas Advocacy Project Aids 10k+ Abuse Victims Annually; Offers Subject Matter Experts for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Introducing Stack & Sprout: The Revolutionary Vertical Plant Growing System for Urban Gardeners
- Higi Selects ThoroughCare to Assist in Managing Chronically Ill Patients
- Introducing the State-of-the-Art National Security Operations Center: Enhancing Safety and Vigilance Nationwide
- August 2023 Financial Market Review
- Lane Music Partners with Nashville International Chopin Piano Competition
- New Study Finds Wide Disparities in Bicycle Safety Across U.S. Cities
- 15 Years with Best Buy Metals - Achievement and Reflection
- Wellsboro, Pennsylvania Named Ninth Best Fall Town in the U.S. for Foliage
- Actionstep Acquires North American Legal Accounting Platform Soluno
- RelyMD Bolsters its Telehealth Platform with Mental Health Services via CuraLinc Partnership
- Unlock Culinary Excellence with the Premium 3-Piece Cast Iron Cookware Set
- Live Good Inc. Celebrates Diversity and Unity: A Beacon of Progress in the Spirit of Crissy Field, Angel Island and the Buffalo Soldiers
- AMERICAST Provides PreCast Pads to Charge Stations
- Sheila Stubbs Taylor of Detroit music royalty is "Chasing" on new single
- Sidow Sobrino Announces 12th Album, "Seminal"
- Heartland Soccer Association and VidSport Launch Groundbreaking Live Streaming Service at Garmin Olathe Soccer Complex
- CC Brooks is set to release a new single dubbed "Send Me A Song"