May 21, 2021 is Officially Declared as "International Tennessee Whiskey Day"
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction BTW Talema Group & KAMIC Group AB
- Albuquerque Entertainment Has Reopened in A Way That is Out of This World
- Consumer51 launches new brand identity and website for Dataflix
"This General Assembly wishes to celebrate and acknowledge the many contributions of our state's renowned distilling industry, its people, and products that help fuel Tennessee's economy, and our culture and status as the world's only producer of Tennessee whiskey," stated Tennessee House Speaker Cameron Sexton (R – Crossville) in his resolution (HJR0477).
Tennessee has a long, rich history with whiskey-making. Early farm-based distilleries in Tennessee date back to the late 18th century, when settlers traveling west found that the area's fertile land, water, and climate were ideal for making good whiskey. Tennessee is even home to the nation's oldest registered distillery and several other distilleries that date back to the 1800s.
More on tennsun.com
- Trending Today, airing on FOX Business, Wins Two Telly Awards
- Prime Health Services Announces Acquisition of InterWest Health
- Canadian Turnaround Software and Telecom CEO joins CEO Coaching International
- New Epson LabelWorks 2-inch Bulk Label Printers Now Available at DuraFast Label Company
- Syxsense Welcomes Dave R Taylor as Chief Marketing Officer - Invests to Expand on Growth
Today, Tennessee whiskey is a thriving industry that draws hundreds of thousands of tourists from around the world, generates millions of dollars in tax revenue, and even serves as a popular subject matter for many of the state's famed musicians and songwriters.
"The Tennessee Distillers Guild is proud to be an integral part of carrying on the rich tradition of Tennessee whiskey, said Sara Beth Urban, executive director of the Tennessee Distillers Guild. "We are thrilled to see the recognition of the positive impact that Tennessee whiskey has had on this state, and we look forward to celebrating International Tennessee Whiskey Day each year."
Officially, "Tennessee whiskey" must be made from fermented mash of at least fifty-one percent corn, aged in new oak barrels, charcoal mellowed, and produced in Tennessee.
"When consumers see 'Tennessee whiskey' on the label, they know it is a premium product that is made with quality ingredients, the utmost care, craftsmanship, and character and to a world-class standard," said Sexton. "We honor and commend all of Tennessee's distilleries, their workers, and the generations of families who have gone before them."
SOURCE Tennessee Whiskey Trail
Filed Under: Business
Latest on tennsun.com
- Robinson moves into the top 10 on "The Fabricator" FAB 40 list
- As the World Returns to Normal, Liquid Core® Gum Company Marks the Comeback of Air Travel with "Live Life & FLY" Campaign
- Prism Continues to Innovate to Help Live Music Industry Pros Bounce Back from a Devastating Year
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services Lends A Helping Hand To Homeowners In Need With Non-profit Re:home Program
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Joseph P. Brock, Hired
- Children Rising Launches Free Online Tutoring to Boost COVID Recovery for Elementary School Children
- Prime Healthcare to Implement American Red Cross Resuscitation Suite™, an Innovative Program Aimed at Increasing Patient Survival from In-hospital Cardiac Arrest
- RealTrends Ranks Jennifer Young Homes #58 in the Nation
- Abstract Published in Neuro-Oncology Demonstrates Curtana Pharmaceuticals' CT-179 Prolonged Event-free Survival in an Animal Model of Medulloblastoma
- EclecticIQ Joins Health-ISAC Navigator™ Program
- Docusign stock sees large unusual options activity
- Inropa leverages Microsoft ToF technology and AI for on-the-fly programming of painting robots
- Historic Black Neighborhood Celebrates Juneteenth with First Historical Marker
- Ideanomics Acquires 100% of US E Tractor Maker Solectrac
- To Celebrate National Bourbon Day, George Dickel Announces The Launch Of Dickel Bourbon!
- Adoption Of Evolve IP's Microsoft Teams Voice Solution Outpacing Traditional Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)
- Fund Street Technologies Brand, One Park Financial is Certified 4 Years in a Row as a Great Place to Work®
- Next-Gen Work Platform Launched by Wearwell
- Ismail Sirdah Explains How to Ensure You Are Getting The Right Promoter For your Event
- Promote Your SoundCloud and YouTube Video Online with the help of Music Promotion Club